Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Browned Butter + Oregano Bread Crumbs
Recipe & Photo Credit by Tieghan Gerard
If you have a date night or just trying to impress a special guest than this recipe is your saving grace. It only takes an hour and a half to prepare (start to finish) and, you get to boast on how you make the ENTIRE meal from scratch. If that doesn't impress your special someone, I don't know what will.
Still intimidated to try a recipe, preparing fresh ravioli? Trust me, it's not as scary as you might think and Tieghan even went an extra step to settled those lingering nerves by preparing a step-by-step video.
I can already see a few going to the store to by butternut squash ravioli but trust me, Tieghan has figured out the perfect blend of ingredients and it doesn't turn out the same, so no cheating!
Create a small cheese platter for the hors-d'oeuvre, as you add the finishing touches and pair it with a nice glass of vino. You're guest will be delighted and very much impressed.
Recipe: Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded + cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces drunken goat cheese or fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled*
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound fresh pasta dough or about 40 square or circle wonton wrappers
- 12-16 fresh figs, sliced
Browned Butter Oregano Bread Crumbs
- 3 cups day old sourdough bread, finely torn or pulsed to chunky crumbs in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- salt + pepper, toast
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano
- 2 ounces prosciutto, finely diced